Best Birthday Gifts

Of all the things in the world, what every human loves is birthdays. Children are always excited and overjoyed about this beautiful celebration. When I was a child, I remember always looking forward to my birthday. And it was just for the gifts that I would ask my parents to organise a birthday party and invite all of my school friends and neighbors, even the ones who were new. A thought that they would come with presents for me had been a great pleasure for me! I secretly loved real life story books and loved receiving them as gifts from friends and relatives. 

I also remember when once one of my best friends from school came at my birthday, he was holding a big carton. Wow! I was so happy to see such a big present in his hands, but when it was opened, it had nothing except a ball. Rest of that carton was filled with thermocol. I never invited that friend of mine ever again!

Years gone by now, a couple of days ago my daughter came to me and asked if she could invite her school friends at her birthday party. When I asked why would she like to invite outsiders to a family function, she said that they would bring birthday presents for her. I laughed at the top of my voice to hear that, remembering my past and gave her a nod in no time.

On the party day, when all was over and almost everyone had left, she opened the gifts and kept on looking at them. I asked which one was her favorite. She handed me a book – personalised story book. It was a book with my daughter's pictures in it and her best friend’s. I was taken by emotions to see my daughter so happy. She couldn’t help kissing the books several times. It was no doubt one of the best personalised books I had ever seen, a gift that made my daughter happy.

And so, I decided to make one for my family as well – just to cherish our time differently!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Coffee Table Books to Gift this Diwali 2018

Coffee-table books: Today, Tomorrow, Forever

Find Jewels of Punjab online to stay Inspired!