Read Books to Change Your Life for Good

Of all the habits I had during childhood, I learnt on growing that reading books was the best. I remember so well that my father presented me with Harry Potter books. Harry Potter was my first love and not only he but books ruled my heart. All this changed when I read Adolf Hitler's autobiography, Mein Kampf. I found it to be an extremely motivational story, no matter what he brought the world to in the mid-twentieth century; he was a man of clear vision. Were there any other than he and Charlie Chaplin who ruled the world then?

As I read more and more, I realised that the more you read a motivational true story of any person, you are charged up with optimism. Everything in the world seems easy and it feels as if you are nothing less than a king. In my case, I was a queen though!



I ended up writing blogs about the people I read and review the books I enjoyed. For a school student, it was not bad when I read the comments of people that there were a lot of people who followed my blogs and read according to my suggestions. Good thing is that as I mostly read real motivational stories, I wrote about them. It further inspired many more and they read as well. It, like this, became a chain reaction and I was promoting literature and optimism – something that is so important yet so little in this world.

This childhood habit of reading books also helped me in deciding the career I would choose. Currently, I am in the last year of English Literature course at the University of Oxford and trying to write a book simultaneously; I am on the verge of completing it. I am sure, by the time my graduation ends my book will be complete too, giving me new wings to fly.

For the children who are students, I suggest you read ... as much as you can. Books are a wonder. Great people and high achievers read a lot. I am also on the same path. You travel on the same success line.

All the best for all times to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Coffee Table Books to Gift this Diwali 2018

Coffee-table books: Today, Tomorrow, Forever

Find Jewels of Punjab online to stay Inspired!