Dream of a Budding Writer

Dear Diary!

They say books are your best friends. Perhaps that is why I have few human friends, because I love reading books. When I was a five-year-old, I remember papa gifted me a Barbie doll; along with it was a tiny book – with other Barbie dolls. That was my first book, the one I still have. From there began my friendship with dear books.

My colleagues at school often tease me that though grown up I am so crazy about dolls and books on them. Hardly does anyone know I have a secret love for romance books too. The Fault in Our Stars is my favourite. I imagine myself as a 16-year-old Hazel and wonder if ever my Augustus will come. Neither at school nor at college is anyone who sees me that way. I feel sad and try to move on – same as the protagonists in my reads.

I wish I could in fact write a book someday. If not in real, maybe how I imagine my Prince Charming can be a story. I have heard book publishing world has gone rather easy, though I wonder if I could only get ebook publishing. At least I can read it years later when I grow up. Maybe I would then laugh at the kid me, young and immature, how I dreamed a dream that never came true – or maybe it would. Who knows!

Good thing about writing a book for your own is that I don't have to worry about book promotion like most of the writers do. My present will be the writer and my future will be the reader. I will simply go for an online book publishing thing. In between, if I do promote myself, probably others too would read it and share their thoughts!

On Jesus! Help me. I shall go crazy thinking all this. Will I ever get to feel it in real life or only in books? Though I wouldn't like the story of my romance to end like Hazel's but for sure I would want someone like Augustus. But before I face the truth, I must start writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Coffee Table Books to Gift this Diwali 2018

Coffee-table books: Today, Tomorrow, Forever

Find Jewels of Punjab online to stay Inspired!